Electronic Health Record (EHR) Specialist
HOURS: Full time (40 hours); Four 10-hour days. Schedule to be determined.
The Electronic Health Record (EHR) Specialist supports the organization’s EHR system, eClinicalWorks. This role includes collaborating with outside organizations to manage EHR interfaces, collaborating with colleagues to establish effective and efficient EHR training and best practices, and engaging in efforts to reduce risk to the organization through EHR auditing, compliance with HIPAA standards and necessary system assessments.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Coordinate ongoing configuration of EHR environment and lead EHR optimization efforts.
- Implement and oversee interfaces associated with the EHR.
- Review, test and engage in implementation of EHR updates/upgrades.
- Serve as EHR content expert through participation or content creation for meetings, including but not limited to Provider Meetings, Team/Pod Meetings, EHR Workflow Meetings, HIPAA Compliance Committee Meetings.
- Provide EHR A/R setup/configuration support.
- Oversee EHR elements of staff/provider onboarding.
- Provide on-going EHR training and support for providers and staff.
- Promote best practices in the clinical use of the EHR system.
- Serve as the EHR helpdesk troubleshooting EMR/IT issues and provide IT support to staff working onsite and remotely, as needed.
- Complete various reports and audits weekly/monthly as assigned.
- Represent organization and serve as content expert on EHR workgroups.
- Represent organization during EHR vendor conferences/trainings.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in healthcare information systems and technology support.
- Must be highly proficient with electronic medical record software or have a strong clinical background and a strong aptitude for computer systems.
- Must be able to manage projects and adhere to project timelines.
- Must have excellent analytical skills and ability to make judgment decisions.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and an electronic medical record system and practice management system (ideally: eCW).
- Must be able to work independently and be well organized.
- Must be able to understand Federal and State specific regulations related to medical records practices, compliance with documentation and HIT privacy regulations.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Data and Communications Officer
Interested candidates click here to complete our online employment application and submit a resume.
POST DATE: 5/23/2022