Medical Assistant Coordinator – Lincoln
POSITION: Medical Assistant Coordinator
STATUS: Full-time (40 hours)
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time (40 hours) – Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Hours and location may vary depending on the needs of the organization.
SUMMARY: Assists the Operations Manager with the oversight of medical assistant staff within the Lincoln site and provides ongoing training to medical assistants. HAN has a new updated competitive wage scale.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Oversees and monitors daily medical assistant workflow within the Lincoln site, including supervision to ensure efficient daily operations.
- Cross-trained in all medical assistant positions.
- Conducts competency trainings for all medical assistant staff.
- Performs performance evaluations, including attesting medical assistant clinical competencies have been met.
- Works in conjunction with the Operations Manager to create, standardize, monitor, manage, and enforce operational policies and procedures.
- Serves as an Electronic Medical Record (EMR) superuser and trainer. Promotes and provides ongoing education regarding best practices in the clinical use of the EMR.
- Serves as IMMPACT coordinator and maintains vaccine supply of both State and Private vaccines for the Lincoln site.
- Oversees and monitors the tracking of delinquent orders.
- Oversees quality controls for CLIA waive testing and maintains data loggers.
- Oversees sharps container and biohazard management.
- Oversees supply inventory, including crash cart supplies, and ensures room stocking is complete.
- Monitors daily workflow of telephone encounters and actions in the EMR system.
- Assists with maintaining compliance, patient satisfaction, patient-centered medical home, and Quality Improvement (QI) systems for the Lincoln site and reports variances to the Operations Manager.
- Enforces proper safety practices and techniques.
- Attends and/or conducts regular team meetings in conjunction with the Operations Manager at the Lincoln site. Attends and participates in all other meetings as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Attends to incident reports and patient concerns per policy, and forwards to the Operations Manager and Compliance Officer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of an Associate Medical Assistant degree required.
- Must be a Certified Medical Assistant through the American Association of Medical Assistants or eligible and willing to become certified with HAN support and assistance.
- Must have demonstrated experience in all areas of medical assisting tasks and duties in order to review and approve medical assistant competencies.
- Must have prior staff supervision experience.
- Must have medical practice experience.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must have excellent analytical skills and ability to make judgment decisions.
- Must be competent with computers
- Must have experience working with EMR systems.
- Ability to multitask and be organized in a fast-paced environment.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Operations Manager
Interested candidates click here to complete our online employment application and submit a resume.
POST DATE: 09/16/2020