Medical Assistant – Lincoln (36 hrs/wk)
$4,000 Sign-On Bonus Available To Qualified Applicants!
$17.14 – $23.05 /hr. starting wage range
POSITION: Medical Assistant
LOCATION: Lincoln (walk-in care)
STATUS: Full-time (36 hours)
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time (36 hours) – Monday, Thursday & Friday, 6:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
SUMMARY: Assists walk-in care providers in the immediate care of patients and performs all related duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Accurately obtains and records weight, vital signs, and chief complaint.
- Prepares patients and assists providers with examinations, minor surgical procedures, and treatments.
- Obtains and updates patient history, medications, and allergies at each visit.
- Utilizes the electronic health record effectively for all patient documentation.
- Assures cleanliness and tidiness of all exam rooms after each patient visit.
- Maintains sterilization of all instruments.
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by a provider.
- As requested by providers, performs lab testing, EKGs, ear irrigations, and phlebotomy. Administers oxygen, medications, immunizations, and nebulizer treatments per provider request.
- Performs point-of-care testing and quality controls as needed.
- Reports test results to patients promptly per provider orders.
- Performs pre-planning for patient visits.
- Medical Assistant Degree required or equivalent experience
- Computer skills a must
- Excellent team work and communication skills
RESPONSIBLE TO: Medical Assistant Coordinator
Interested candidates click here to complete our online employment application and submit a resume.
POST DATE: 08/31/2021