Medical Assistant – Lincoln (FT – 36 hrs/wk)
POSITION: Medical Assistant
LOCATION: Lincoln – Walk-in care
STATUS: Full-time (36 hours/wk); includes full-time benefits
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday, Tuesday & Friday 6:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
SUMMARY: Assists assigned provider in the immediate care of patients and performs all related duties. HAN has a new updated competitive wage scale.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Accurately obtains and records weight, vital signs, and chief complaint.
- Prepares patients and assists providers with examinations, minor surgical procedures, and treatments.
- Obtains and updates patient history, medications, and allergies at each visit.
- Utilizes the electronic medical record effectively for all patient documentation.
- Assures cleanliness and tidiness of all exam rooms after each patient visit.
- Maintains sterilization of all instruments.
- Prepares and administers medications as directed by a provider.
- As requested by providers, performs lab testing, EKGs, ear irrigations, and phlebotomy. Administers oxygen, medications, immunizations, and nebulizer treatments per provider request.
- Performs point-of-care testing and quality controls as needed.
- Reports test results to patients promptly per provider orders.
- Performs pre-planning for patient visits.
- Medical Assistant Degree required or equivalent experience
- Computer skills a must
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
RESPONSIBLE TO: Medical Assistant Coordinator
Interested candidates click here to complete our online employment application and submit a resume.
POST DATE: 11/12/2020