Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner – Lincoln, ME
POSITION: Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
LOCATION: Lincoln, Maine
OTHER: Sign-on bonus, relocation reimbursement, student loan reimbursement, fully paid health insurance, and flexible schedule
WORK SCHEDULE: Four 10-hour shifts per week (40 hrs)
SUMMARY: The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMNNP) will provide outpatient psychiatric evaluation and medication management services at Health Access Network (HAN). The PMHNP will work in coordination with HAN’s outpatient counseling services and primary care providers to provide psychiatric services to adult and youth patients with behavioral health needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Responsible for providing psychiatric services to patients.
- Scope of services includes outpatient psychiatric evaluations and medication management services.
- Assess, diagnose, and treat adults, adolescents, and children experiencing symptoms of a behavioral health disorders.
- Examine or order laboratory or diagnostic tests for clients to provide information on general physical condition and mental disorders.
- Prescribe, recommend, or discontinue drugs and treatments to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders when no longer clinically appropriate.
- Counsel clients during appointments, as necessary.
- Design/participate in the development of individualized treatment plans, incorporating best and leading practices into treatment interventions.
- Collaborate with guardians, relatives, and significant others on client’s conditions and treatment when clinically appropriate.
- Consult and collaborate with colleagues, clinical care teams, and specialists when appropriate, to ensure correct diagnoses, treatment plans and coordination of patient care.
- Follow state regulations, HAN policies and procedures, and standards of care when prescribing and monitoring controlled substances.
- Responsible for timely and accurate completion of medical records, including assessment, treatment plan, progress notes, outcome measures, and billing entries.
- Meet quality standards as determined by the QI committee and/or HAN.
- Record all services performed for accurate billing for services provided in compliance with all local, state and federal laws, as well as payor rules and regulations.
- Accurately assign current procedural terminology (CPT) and ICD diagnoses codes and completes all documentation in accordance with HAN procedures and policies.
- Follow policies and procedures, including those of HAN, CMS, and other contracted payers with which the group may contract.
- Report, in a timely manner, deaths, outbreaks of contagious disease, and other information critical to the patient’s and/or the public’s health as required by legal or governmental authorities.
- Participate in group peer and other review activities.
- Attend and engage in all required meetings and evaluations.
- Complete all required trainings in a timely manner.
- Seek professional growth opportunities that enhance professional practice through both formal and informal activities.
- May participate in the clinical experience of students, residents, and nurses as appropriate.
- May provide supervision for advanced practice clinicians, including reviewing and cosigning notes, along with providing prompt feedback with any additional and/or alternative suggestions for care.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s Degree in Psychiatric or Mental Health Nursing
- State of Maine Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner license
- Current DEA license
- Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner certification from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Current CPR and ACLS Certification
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Medical Officer
Interested candidates click here to complete our online employment application and submit a resume.
POST DATE: 11/27/2023